Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Current project update

As is typical, there is some forward progress and some in reverse.

This is the February socks from the Luxury SOTM club. Name is Cascading Leaves Socks. Very nice yarn-a blend of alpaca, merino and silk. Seems to be knitting up quickly, which is a plus. I am getting a bit worried that I will run out of yarn. The ball is getting pretty thin.





And for the reverse, my first attempt at the October SOTM (A Little Twisted Socks)from this year. I have ripped them out and will reknit them with a 3 mm needle instead of a 2.75 mm. I was getting 7.5 sts/in. and need 7. I can see now why my mom always tried to work on dark colors during the daytime hours. My eyes are having a difficult time focusing on this at night. This is why I am working on the other socks-easy to see. This pattern includes instructions in doing the twisted stitches without a cable needle. After a few tries I kinda got into the groove of it. Works pretty slick.


Wild-

I watching the Wild/San Jose game. Looks like a repeat of the Detroit game. We are being schooled. What will it take to get some offense going? Last place in faceoffs and Power Play pts. Far down the list in shots and a couple of other things that escape me at the moment. Basically we spend all our time trying to keep the other team from scoring instead of trying to score. Seriously getting ugly.